A creole crusta. Doesn't it sound fun, festive and full of flavor? I really should have saved this for a day closer to Mardi Gras, but I couldn't wait. Looks spicy!
Stir It Up :: Creole Crusta
Author: Creole Crusta
Prep time: 1 min
Cook time: 2 mins
Total time: 3 mins
- 1.5 oz Demerara rum
- .75 oz Fresh lemon juice
- .25oz Chili flake-infused Clement Creole Shrubb Orange Liqueur
- .25 oz Turbinado sugar syrup (2 parts sugar, 1 part water)
- 2 dashes Dr. Adam Elmegirab Dandelion and Burdock Bitters
- Toasted benne seeds
- Turbinado sugar
- Mix the turbinado sugar and toasted benne seeds together.
- Coat the rim of a cocktail glass with lemon juice and coat it in the sugar and seed mixture.
- Fill the shaker with ice and the remaining ingredients.
- Shake, and double strain into the rimmed cocktail glass.
Photo & recipe courtesy of Liquor.com