It's almost December. That means holiday season. That means shopping. That means gifts. That means wishlists. My wedding anniversary is 12/21. My birthday is 12/24. Throw Christmas in there, and I have three different occasions to celebrate within four days of each other. I know, not such good planning on my part, but I'm lucky to have a husband that understands that they're three separate celebrations, which yields three awesome gifts or one or two AWESOME gifts. For those of you who need some extra luck, here's a drink called "Gin Genie" for that person you want to fulfill all your holiday wishes.
- 6 fresh mint leaves, plus extra for serving
- 20ml/¾fl oz lemon juice
- 2 tsp sugar syrup
- 25ml/1fl oz gin
- 25ml Welsh sloe gin
- 1 blackberry, to serve
- Muddle (crush) mint leaves in a large glass with a long spoon.
- Pour in the lemon juice, sugar syrup, gin and sloe gin, stirring until well combined.
- Strain the cocktail into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a blackberry and mint leaf.
Photo courtesy of Food & Wine.