This is yummy. Believe it or not, I'm not a big drinker. I tend to turn down drinks more often than accepting, but once in a while--for the sake of this blog--I will scope the bar menu and take a taste of the ones that seem fresh and exciting. This one totally hits the spot... the watermelon-jalapeño margarita. Yum. Seriously. It's sweet, spicy and definitely a party in your mouth. That is all.
- 8 cups cubed watermelon $
- 1 1/2 cups white tequila $
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur (such as Triple Sec)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice $
- 1/4 cup Simple Syrup
- 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- Cracked ice
- Garnishes: fresh jalapeño slices, watermelon wedges
- Puree watermelon in a blender or food processor. (It's easier to do it in batches).
- Pour puree through a wire-mesh strainer, so you don't have to deal with any pulp or seeds.
- Combine watermelon liquid, tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice and jalapeño peppers in a large pitcher.
- Cover and chill 1 hour (longer for a stronger pepper flavor).
- Serve over ice.
- Garnish, if desired.
Photo courtesy of The Little Kimchi Pierogi